Wednesday, February 3, 2016

TV Is Scary

   A long time ago when discussing different conspiracy theories I thought of one that seemed like it was ridiculous. But today thinking about the recent Zika Virus I thought of a show I just finished watching and its rather ironic in a way. Let me explain and promise you I'm not crazy I just like what if scenarios.

   I'm sure by now almost anyone who will take the time to read this has heard something of the Zika virus. Its a virus transferred via misquote bites. Its been around for a while but recently has reached pandemic levels. There is no known cure but treatment helps one of the new developments that has come out is that it is believed to be linked to birth defects. It's not been confirmed but it is under investigation.

    As a huge fan of science fiction, as well as Netflex I decided to sit down and watch the series Helix. Over all it was a great series if you plan to watch it don't keep reading because I will be giving away the plot line so that I can explain the idea I had. *start spoilers*   In the show there is a group of immortals who are planning to eliminate a majority of humans. Seeing the negative effect they have on the world. One of the Immortals decided to try and do a virus to limit the birthrates in a way which the human population is finally under control.


  Now maybe you can see a correlation here like I did. There is a television show that shows a powerful group trying to control a population via a virus and then an actual virus reaches a pandemic level. Now this isn't an entry in this blog to make a claim of a conspiracy. The original idea I had was the fact that with modern television it would be easier to get away with some things.  There would be a sense of that's not possible, I saw that on TV it's not a real thing. The average adult watches close to 5 hours of TV a day. So how hard would it be to make a show about something and then commit the crime in real life, would it get blown off as a joke or taken seriously. What may have already been done using this method of deception?

No comments:

Post a Comment