Monday, February 15, 2016

TV Review: Gotham

   I don't watch much TV as I've mentioned before. Though I will binge watch shows on Netflix. One show I decided to watch recently was Gotham. I'm a huge Batman fan and when I originally heard of the show I was interested in it. The idea of a look at the start of the legend if done proper would be an amazing thing to watch. In truth it really is.
    While some of the backstory doesn't quite match what I remember in the comics it does a really good job fleshing out the characters of the world. It covers the events happening right after the death of Martha and Thomas Wayne. Introduced during the course of season one include Selina Kyle (Catwoman,) Cobblepot (Penguin,) Jim Gordan, Harvey Dent, Ivy, and many others. Now this is not a full list of characters due to the fact that this is only season one and I don't want to spoil anything.
    The show doesn't really fit any one archetype per se. Sometimes the episodes run like mysteries, others run like your typical dark crime show and overall a drama. As a fan of Batman there is enough in each episode to keep you wanting more. As a show in general it would be great for anyone who is a fan of any of those types of shows.
    I was worried about this show to be honest, and honestly, the tie in with batman only goes as far as the characters. This show is about Gordan and the city of Gotham itself. It serves as great back story for the Batman universe but if you're hoping to see the dark knight I don't think you're going to find much of him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment