Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Value Of a Bedroom

     For a couple year's now I've not had a bedroom. After a small life shake up I found myself living with my mom and sisters. Now this wasn't a problem with me having been staying with my father, girlfriend and an assortment of room mates that came and went rather quick. The only issue we had when I moved in with the girls was a small one; I didn't have a bedroom.
    No I had slept on couches for a long time. Both partying and in general when staying with friends. So I figured it would be no problem to sleep on the couch for a while and it wasn't. Now I had shared beds with people during this time so it wasn't like I missed a bed. I missed having a room. Having a space that was mine. 
     Having a room is something special. A place where one can escape from the world for a little while. That's personalized the way they want it and what is comfortable to them. It serves as a comfort zone be it wrapped up in the blankets in bed or at a desk pecking away on a keyboard. Not nearly as secluded today as it was in the past; with constant connections to the web via twitter and facebook. 
     Not having a room for so long led to me forgetting that sometimes you have to be alone with yourself. A place to face your problems in relative solitary. A place to be away from everything but still close enough by that if someone needs you you're there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment